test results are now locked out for those of us that do gcc tests?

test results are now locked out for those of us that do gcc tests?

Dennis Clarke-2

I was surprised, only mildly, that serious spam blockage is now in place
for the test results. Given that I have been doing this twenty years
maybe I can get a pass?

Just built 8.2.0 and am happy with the results given that there are none
others from anyone else aside from Rainer Orth of course. At least on
a sparc solaris platform.

Dennis Clarke

LAST_UPDATED: Obtained from SVN: tags/gcc_8_2_0_release revision 262993

                  === acats tests ===

                  === acats Summary ===
# of expected passes            2320
# of unexpected failures        0
Native configuration is sparc64-sun-solaris2.10

                  === gcc tests ===

.
.
.
.
.  etc etc etc

.
.
.
.
                  === libitm Summary ===

# of expected passes            42
# of expected failures          3
# of unsupported tests          1
                  === libstdc++ tests ===

Running target unix
FAIL: 27_io/filesystem/operations/last_write_time.cc execution test
FAIL: experimental/filesystem/operations/last_write_time.cc execution test

                  === libstdc++ Summary ===

# of expected passes            11305
# of unexpected failures        2
# of expected failures          71
# of unsupported tests          653

Compiler version: 8.2.0 (GCC)
Platform: sparc64-sun-solaris2.10
configure flags: --prefix=/opt/intermediate/s1
--build=sparc64-sun-solaris2.10 --target=sparc64-sun-solaris2.10
--host=sparc64-sun-solaris2.10 --without-gnu-as --without-gnu-ld
--with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/sparcv9/ld
--disable-nls --enable-threads=posix --enable-shared
--with-gmp=/usr/local --with-mpfr=/usr/local --with-mpc=/usr/local
--with-isl=/usr/local --with-build-time-tools=/usr/local/bin
--with-cpu=v9 --enable-bootstrap --enable-stage1-languages=c,c++
--enable-stage1-checking=misc
--enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,go,lto,objc,obj-c++
EOF

Re: test results are now locked out for those of us that do gcc tests?

Rainer Orth-2
Hi Dennis,

> I was surprised, only mildly, that serious spam blockage is now in place
> for the test results. Given that I have been doing this twenty years
> maybe I can get a pass?

I wasn't aware that there's such a thing on any of the gcc mailing
lists.  Only bugzilla account creation is disabled due to excessive
spam.  Maybe ask on overseers at sourceware dot org: those are the guys
taking care of sourceware/gcc systems.

        Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University

Re: test results are now locked out for those of us that do gcc tests?

Jonathan Wakely-4
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 09:28, Rainer Orth wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> > I was surprised, only mildly, that serious spam blockage is now in place
> > for the test results. Given that I have been doing this twenty years
> > maybe I can get a pass?
>
> I wasn't aware that there's such a thing on any of the gcc mailing
> lists.  Only bugzilla account creation is disabled due to excessive
> spam.

There are spam filters for the mailing lists, but they're not terribly
strict (a more common reason for rejection is that mails with
text/html MIME content are not allowed).

Right, nobody on this list has any control over spam filters on the
mailing lists.

On 10/22/2018 05:24 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 09:28, Rainer Orth wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dennis,
>>
>>> I was surprised, only mildly, that serious spam blockage is now in place
>>> for the test results. Given that I have been doing this twenty years
>>> maybe I can get a pass?
>>
>> I wasn't aware that there's such a thing on any of the gcc mailing
>> lists.  Only bugzilla account creation is disabled due to excessive
>> spam.
>
> There are spam filters for the mailing lists, but they're not terribly
> strict (a more common reason for rejection is that mails with
> text/html MIME content are not allowed).
>
>>   Maybe ask on overseers at sourceware dot org: those are the guys
>> taking care of sourceware/gcc systems.
>
> Right, nobody on this list has any control over spam filters on the
> mailing lists.

Not a problem ... sorted out :

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2018-10/msg02809.html

This page is looking very very spartan and bare :

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-8/buildstat.html

I am working on bootstraps for sparc and ppc64 and maybe just maybe
risc-v.  Maybe RISC-V.  Sorry .. they like capitals.

Dennis

Dennis Clarke