svml for gfortran

Caius
hi,

  now i'm compiling a fortran program using svml, my compiler is gfortran
and the options is ftree-vectorize -funsafe-math-optimizations
-mveclibabi=svml.

  but it does not work well, it shows that:

  undefined reference to `vmlsPow4'

  undefined reference to `vmldPow2'

  undefined reference to `vmlsExp4'

what should i do for this problem??

thanks!!

Sent from: http://gcc.1065356.n8.nabble.com/gcc-fortran-f719652.html

Re: svml for gfortran

Tobias Burnus
Well, if you want to use the Intel Short Vector Math Library (svml), you
also need to link it with:

    -lsvml

you probably also need to specify the path to the library using -L
/path/to/the/directory/where/libsvlm/is/

Of course, this requires that you actually have that library (or an ABI
compatible one). (Intel's SVML is part of Intel's Math Kernel Libray
(MKL) and also ships with their compilers.)

Tobias

Am 18.10.18 um 03:55 schrieb Caius:

> hi,
>
>    now i'm compiling a fortran program using svml, my compiler is gfortran
> and the options is ftree-vectorize -funsafe-math-optimizations
> -mveclibabi=svml.
>
>    but it does not work well, it shows that:
>
>    undefined reference to `vmlsPow4'
>
>    undefined reference to `vmldPow2'
>
>    undefined reference to `vmlsExp4'

> what should i do for this problem??
>
> thanks!!

> Sent from: http://gcc.1065356.n8.nabble.com/gcc-fortran-f719652.html

Re: svml for gfortran

Caius
there are two files in the path to the library: libsvml.a, libsvml.so

I had used option -L /path/to/the/directory/where/libsvlm/is/ but it did not
work!

when I check the functions in libsvml.so and libsvml.a, found that vmlsExp4
only exist in libsvml.a

then add -Wl,bstatic to force fortran to use libsvml.a, did not work.

--
Sent from: http://gcc.1065356.n8.nabble.com/gcc-fortran-f719652.html