gfortran download link doesn't work for macOS

gfortran download link doesn't work for macOS

Purod Du
Hi,
   I tried to download and install gfortran in my Mac. However, the link
your provide lead me to an empty page. Could you please fix this problem? [
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries#MacOS]

Thanks a lot.

---------------------
Qian Du

School of Biological Sciences
Department of Statistics
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0660

Re: gfortran download link doesn't work for macOS

Jonathan Wakely-4
As it says on that wiki page (and also the
https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html page) the GCC project does
not provide binaries. We can't do anything about it if people
providing unofficial builds of GCC stop providing them.

 CCing FX who's site used to host those Mac OS binaries, who might be
able to help.

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 20:15, Purod Du <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I tried to download and install gfortran in my Mac. However, the link
> your provide lead me to an empty page. Could you please fix this problem? [
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries#MacOS]
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> ---------------------
> Qian Du
>
> School of Biological Sciences
> Department of Statistics
> University of Nebraska - Lincoln
> Lincoln, NE 68588-0660

Re: gfortran download link doesn't work for macOS

FX Coudert
> As it says on that wiki page (and also the
> https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html page) the GCC project does
> not provide binaries. We can't do anything about it if people
> providing unofficial builds of GCC stop providing them.
>
> CCing FX who's site used to host those Mac OS binaries, who might be
> able to help.

I’ve migrated hosting for my website, new links are here: https://www.coudert.name/software.html <https://www.coudert.name/software.html>

Since I have learnt that these packages were actually widely used, including by the R project and in automated testing (CI), I have migrated them to github for more robust hosting: https://github.com/fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS/releases <https://github.com/fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS/releases>

I will now update the wiki links.

FX

Re: gfortran download link doesn't work for macOS

Purod Du
Awesome, thanks!