gcc test cases on W10 cygwin

rih5342
I just built the latest version of gcc on W10 cygwin, which is awesome, thank
you all.

I notice there are some test cases, fortran torture, but can't find the
script to exercise them.

Where is the script?

Thank you.

Sent from: http://gcc.1065356.n8.nabble.com/gcc-fortran-f719652.html

Re: gcc test cases on W10 cygwin

Janne Blomqvist-3
On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 11:47 PM rih5342 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just built the latest version of gcc on W10 cygwin, which is awesome,
> thank
> you all.
>
> I notice there are some test cases, fortran torture, but can't find the
> script to exercise them.
>
> Where is the script?
>
> Thank you.

There is a make target called 'check-fortran' which runs the fortran
testsuite. That is, in the same directory where you run 'make', 'make
install' etc., run 'make -j4 check-fortran', to run the testsuite in
parallel on 4 processors (adjust accordingly). The testsuite, like other
gcc testsuites, requires dejagnu to be installed on your system.

Janne Blomqvist

Re: gcc test cases on W10 cygwin

Mark Eggleston
Use make -j n check-fortran where n is the number of make jobs, I use 5
on a CPU with 4 hardware threads.

The test scripts will then be run including the fortran torture test
cases. The results can be found in gfortran.log and gfortran.sum in
gcc/testsuite/gfortran directory found in build directory.

https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html

Re: gcc test cases on W10 cygwin

Mark Eggleston
Sorry I work on gfortran. make check will do the job.The results for the
various languages build will be in gcc/testsuite.