development timeline

David Fisher
Hello,

I found a typo on the web page and I wanted some clarification on what
content was most accurate.
The GCC development timeline says that version 6.5 was released in October
2017.

https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html#timeline

GCC 6.5 release (2017-10-26)

Last modified 2018-10-26

All other sources were that I can find indicate October 2018, including the
"last modified" footer on the timeline page.

Just weird seeing 6.x as the most recently released when I'm told to use 8+
on coding competitions.

Thanks for your time

Re: development timeline

Jonathan Wakely-4
On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 00:28, David Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found a typo on the web page and I wanted some clarification on what
> content was most accurate.
> The GCC development timeline says that version 6.5 was released in October
> 2017.

Yes, that's a typo. I've fixed it.

> https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html#timeline
>
> GCC 6.5 release (2017-10-26)
>
> Last modified 2018-10-26
>

> All other sources were that I can find indicate October 2018, including the
> "last modified" footer on the timeline page.
>
> Just weird seeing 6.x as the most recently released when I'm told to use 8+
> on coding competitions.

Re: development timeline

Dennis Clarke-2
On 11/08/2018 08:05 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 00:28, David Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I found a typo on the web page and I wanted some clarification on what
>> content was most accurate.
>> The GCC development timeline says that version 6.5 was released in October
>> 2017.
>
> Yes, that's a typo. I've fixed it.
>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html#timeline
>>
>> GCC 6.5 release (2017-10-26)
>>
>> Last modified 2018-10-26
>>

>> All other sources were that I can find indicate October 2018, including the
>> "last modified" footer on the timeline page.
>>
>> Just weird seeing 6.x as the most recently released when I'm told to use 8+
>> on coding competitions.

Would be nice to see some updates on the test results pages as opposed
to firing wget and grep at the maillist.  Has anyone ever submitting
anything for RISC-V yet?  Would be nice to know given that I am flailing
away at exactly that.

Dennis Clarke