connecting a QEMU VM to dejagnu...

Alan Lehotsky-2
I’m trying to grapple with connecting dejagnu to a QEMU simulator; not finding any obvious examples to work with.

I’ve had a lot of familiarity using CGEN simulators connected to dejagnu, but QEMU’s a new breed of cat….

Can anyone point me to a boards/<arch>.exp that is based on using QEMU, or provide other examples.

The one example I found via a web search seems to want to do everything in the virtual machine - but I have to believe that’s going to be insanely slow…

Re: connecting a QEMU VM to dejagnu...

Rob Savoye-2
On 10/16/19 5:40 PM, Alan Lehotsky via DejaGnu wrote:

> The one example I found via a web search seems to want to do
> everything in the virtual machine - but I have to believe that’s
> going to be insanely slow…

  Well, qemu is a virtual machine... Here's the ones I used for GNU
toolchain cross testing:
https://git.linaro.org/toolchain/abe.git/tree/config/boards. There's a
few on there. If you're building cross compilers, just use ABE and it's
all built in.

        - rob -