arm - use the new CPU alias option to simplify the list of CPUs.
This patch simplifies the table of CPUs supported in GCC by making
use of the new alias feature. Most of the changes are fairly
- arm7tdmi and arm7tdmi-s are the same thing.
- arm710t, arm720t and arm740t differ only in features external to the core
- arm920 and arm920t are the same thing; arm922t and arm940t differ from
arm920t only in features external to the core; ep9312 is an
core that we continue to recognize for legacy reasons.
- arm10tdmi and arm1020t differ only in features external to the core.
- arm9e, arm946te-s, arm966e-s and arm968e-s differ only in features
to the core.
- arm10e, arm1020e and arm1022e differ only in features external to the
The arm10e/arm1020e/arm1022e change is the only one which changes
behaviour of the compiler slightly. Previously, and for no reason
that I can remember, the scheduler for arm1020e/arm1022e was not used
for arm10e: this was probably an oversight. The unification means
that the same scheduler is now used for all three cores.
* config/arm/arm-cpus.in (arm7tdmi): Add an alias for arm7tdmi-s.
(arm7tdmi-s): Delete CPU.
(arm710t): Add aliases for arm720t and arm740t.
(arm720t, arm740t): Delete CPUs.
(arm920t): Add aliases for arm920, arm922t and arm940t.
(arm920, arm922t, arm940t): Delete CPUs.
(arm10tdmi): Add alias for arm1020t.
(arm1020t): Delete CPU.
(arm9e): Add aliases for arm946e-s, arm966e-s and arm968e-s.
(arm946e-s, arm966e-s, arm968e-s): Delete CPUs.
(arm10e): Add aliases for arm1020e and arm1022e.
(arm1020e, arm1022e): Delete CPU.
* config/arm/arm.md (generic_sched): Remove entries that are now
handled by aliases.
* config/arm/arm1020e.md: Simplify tuning selection based on alias
* config/arm/arm-tune.md: Regenerated.
* config/arm/arm-tables.opt: Regenerated.