add support for x86_64-w64-mingw32 and cut the fat from libgcj

add support for x86_64-w64-mingw32 and cut the fat from libgcj

Yale Zhang
(patches attached)

Greetings. I have a patch that allows GNU java to target MingW64
(host=GNU/Linux only). Are you guys still taking patches now that Java
has been removed from GCC 7? Or would it be more appropriate to host
it on my own website or instructables.com?

I also have another patch that cuts all the GUI, cryptography, and non
UTF8/16 charset support from libgcj. This reduces the size of
statically linked EXEs a lot (~27MiB to 4.5 MiB for a hello world
program). This is important for a legacy utility that other developers
use on Windows and who don't want to install a Java runtime.

Commenting out and deleting code is a crude way to do, I know. Should
use conditional compilation and even explore what's causing GUI code
to be dragged into a hello world program. Maybe dead code removal
isn't working (need to compile with -ffunction-sections and
--gc-sections?)

appreciate your feedback,
-Yale

gcj_win64.diff (23K) Download Attachment
gcc6.4_stripped_java.diff (304K) Download Attachment