Regressions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Regressions

Jerry DeLisle
There appears to be numerous regression failures this evening.  I
suppose these are back end related.

Jerry
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regressions

FX Coudert
Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> There appears to be numerous regression failures this evening.  I
> suppose these are back end related.

On i686-freebsd, i386-linux and x86_64-linux, I see failures for
gfortran.dg/pr19657.f and gfortran.dg/select_2.f90 at -O3,
gfortran.dg/vect/vect-2.f90 at -O. And gfortran.dg/vect/vect-5.f90, but
that one is not new.

They were not present in 20050615, and appeared in 20050616. It is due
to an ICE, at -O3:

O3.f: In function ?MAIN__?:
O3.f:11: internal compiler error: in tree_verify_flow_info, at
tree-cfg.c:3716

This is now known as PR 22100.

FX
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regressions

Steve Kargl
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:01:47AM +0200, FX Coudert wrote:

> Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> >There appears to be numerous regression failures this evening.  I
> >suppose these are back end related.
>
> On i686-freebsd, i386-linux and x86_64-linux, I see failures for
> gfortran.dg/pr19657.f and gfortran.dg/select_2.f90 at -O3,
> gfortran.dg/vect/vect-2.f90 at -O. And gfortran.dg/vect/vect-5.f90, but
> that one is not new.
>
> They were not present in 20050615, and appeared in 20050616. It is due
> to an ICE, at -O3:
>
> O3.f: In function ?MAIN__?:
> O3.f:11: internal compiler error: in tree_verify_flow_info, at
> tree-cfg.c:3716
>
> This is now known as PR 22100.
>

I can confirm the problem on amd64-*-freebsd.  I is quite
annoying that someone would make a change to the backend
without testing it.

--
Steve
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regressions

Steven Bosscher
On Friday 17 June 2005 08:30, Steve Kargl wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:01:47AM +0200, FX Coudert wrote:
> > Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> > >There appears to be numerous regression failures this evening.  I
> > >suppose these are back end related.
> >
> > On i686-freebsd, i386-linux and x86_64-linux, I see failures for
> > gfortran.dg/pr19657.f and gfortran.dg/select_2.f90 at -O3,
> > gfortran.dg/vect/vect-2.f90 at -O. And gfortran.dg/vect/vect-5.f90, but
> > that one is not new.
> >
> > They were not present in 20050615, and appeared in 20050616. It is due
> > to an ICE, at -O3:
> >
> > O3.f: In function ?MAIN__?:
> > O3.f:11: internal compiler error: in tree_verify_flow_info, at
> > tree-cfg.c:3716
> >
> > This is now known as PR 22100.
>
> I can confirm the problem on amd64-*-freebsd.  I is quite
> annoying that someone would make a change to the backend
> without testing it.

Indeed.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-06/msg00728.html...

Gr.
Steven
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regressions

Jan Hubicka
> On Friday 17 June 2005 08:30, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:01:47AM +0200, FX Coudert wrote:
> > > Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> > > >There appears to be numerous regression failures this evening.  I
> > > >suppose these are back end related.
> > >
> > > On i686-freebsd, i386-linux and x86_64-linux, I see failures for
> > > gfortran.dg/pr19657.f and gfortran.dg/select_2.f90 at -O3,
> > > gfortran.dg/vect/vect-2.f90 at -O. And gfortran.dg/vect/vect-5.f90, but
> > > that one is not new.
> > >
> > > They were not present in 20050615, and appeared in 20050616. It is due
> > > to an ICE, at -O3:
> > >
> > > O3.f: In function ?MAIN__?:
> > > O3.f:11: internal compiler error: in tree_verify_flow_info, at
> > > tree-cfg.c:3716
> > >
> > > This is now known as PR 22100.
> >
> > I can confirm the problem on amd64-*-freebsd.  I is quite
> > annoying that someone would make a change to the backend
> > without testing it.
>
> Indeed.
> See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-06/msg00728.html...

Apparently I screwed up testing (ie tested file, but send different one
with same name).  I will try to fix it later today or tomorrow.
Sory for the breakage..

Honza
>
> Gr.
> Steven