Regarding projects and begineer guide.

Durgesh Kumar
Dear sir/mam
I am durgesh kumar from ABES engineering collenge,ghaziabad,uttar
pradesh,india.

I am currently in 2nd year of my graduation(Btech CSE )

I want to contribute in some of your prestigious project. So i request you
to please provide me some of your top priority project and a begineer guide.

I hope you will concern my request.

Re: Regarding projects and begineer guide.

David Malcolm
On Wed, 2018-12-05 at 22:48 +0530, Durgesh Kumar wrote:

> Dear sir/mam
> I am durgesh kumar from ABES engineering collenge,ghaziabad,uttar
> pradesh,india.
>
> I am currently in 2nd year of my graduation(Btech CSE )
>
> I want to contribute in some of your prestigious project. So i
> request you
> to please provide me some of your top priority project and a begineer
> guide.
>
> I hope you will concern my request.

I'd recommend starting with something small, in an area that interests
you.  We're currently in feature freeze for gcc 9, so bugfixing is our
main focus right now.

FWIW, here's an unofficial beginner's guide I wrote to document my own
experiences learning GCC:
  https://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/gcc/newbies-guide/

You might want to also look at this:
  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-11/msg00184.html

Hope this is helpful
Dave

Re: Regarding projects and begineer guide.

Eric Gallager
On 12/5/18, David Malcolm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-12-05 at 22:48 +0530, Durgesh Kumar wrote:
>> Dear sir/mam
>> I am durgesh kumar from ABES engineering collenge,ghaziabad,uttar
>> pradesh,india.
>>
>> I am currently in 2nd year of my graduation(Btech CSE )
>>
>> I want to contribute in some of your prestigious project. So i
>> request you
>> to please provide me some of your top priority project and a begineer
>> guide.
>>
>> I hope you will concern my request.
>
> I'd recommend starting with something small, in an area that interests
> you.  We're currently in feature freeze for gcc 9, so bugfixing is our
> main focus right now.

And we have many bugs that could use attention, too! For newcomers, I
would recommend checking bugs tagged with the "easyhack" keyword on
bugzilla:

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/EasyHacks

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?keywords=easyhack&list_id=223372&resolution=---

> FWIW, here's an unofficial beginner's guide I wrote to document my own
> experiences learning GCC:
>   https://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/gcc/newbies-guide/
>
> You might want to also look at this:
>   https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-11/msg00184.html
>
> Hope this is helpful
> Dave

Re: Regarding projects and begineer guide.

Durgesh Kumar
Thanks, I'll check them out.