[PATCH] Relax lto-dump.o dependency.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[PATCH] Relax lto-dump.o dependency.

Martin Liška-2
Hi.

Current lto-dump.o relies on some FE generated files as
pre-requirement. That hover delays LTO linking of the lto-dump
and so that I adjusted the dependency to LTO_OBJS which will
work as well.

Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.

Ready to be installed?
Thanks,
Martin

gcc/lto/ChangeLog:

2019-11-11  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>

        * Make-lang.in: Relax dependency of lto-dump.o to
        LTO_OBJS which will allow faster linking (mainly with LTO).
---
  gcc/lto/Make-lang.in | 2 +-
  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)



0001-Relax-lto-dump.o-dependency.patch (594 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Relax lto-dump.o dependency.

Richard Biener-2
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 3:06 PM Martin Liška <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi.
>
> Current lto-dump.o relies on some FE generated files as
> pre-requirement. That hover delays LTO linking of the lto-dump
> and so that I adjusted the dependency to LTO_OBJS which will
> work as well.
>
> Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.
>
> Ready to be installed?

OK.

> Thanks,
> Martin
>
> gcc/lto/ChangeLog:
>
> 2019-11-11  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>
>
>         * Make-lang.in: Relax dependency of lto-dump.o to
>         LTO_OBJS which will allow faster linking (mainly with LTO).
> ---
>   gcc/lto/Make-lang.in | 2 +-
>   1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Relax lto-dump.o dependency.

Jan Hubicka-2
In reply to this post by Martin Liška-2
> Hi.
>
> Current lto-dump.o relies on some FE generated files as
> pre-requirement. That hover delays LTO linking of the lto-dump
> and so that I adjusted the dependency to LTO_OBJS which will
> work as well.
>
> Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.
>
> Ready to be installed?
> Thanks,
> Martin
>
> gcc/lto/ChangeLog:
>
> 2019-11-11  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>
>
> * Make-lang.in: Relax dependency of lto-dump.o to
> LTO_OBJS which will allow faster linking (mainly with LTO).
Hi,
thanks for looking into this. Unforutnately it seems that even after
your patch lto-dump always links only after all other frontends are
finished :(

Honza
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Relax lto-dump.o dependency.

Martin Liška-2
On 11/13/19 11:49 PM, Jan Hubicka wrote:

>> Hi.
>>
>> Current lto-dump.o relies on some FE generated files as
>> pre-requirement. That hover delays LTO linking of the lto-dump
>> and so that I adjusted the dependency to LTO_OBJS which will
>> work as well.
>>
>> Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.
>>
>> Ready to be installed?
>> Thanks,
>> Martin
>>
>> gcc/lto/ChangeLog:
>>
>> 2019-11-11  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>
>>
>> * Make-lang.in: Relax dependency of lto-dump.o to
>> LTO_OBJS which will allow faster linking (mainly with LTO).
> Hi,
> thanks for looking into this. Unforutnately it seems that even after
> your patch lto-dump always links only after all other frontends are
> finished :(
You are right :) I've got a patch that removes the not needed
(and blocking) dependency.

I'm going to install the patch after proper testing.
Martin

>
> Honza
>


0001-Remove-wrong-lto-dump-lto1-makefile-dependency.patch (1019 bytes) Download Attachment