[PATCH] Enable VPOPCNTDQ for icelake-{client,server} and tigerlake.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[PATCH] Enable VPOPCNTDQ for icelake-{client,server} and tigerlake.

Martin Liška-2
Hi.

The patch adds a missing feature for PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT and
inherited CPUs. One can see that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVX-512#CPUs_with_AVX-512

Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.

Ready to be installed?
Thanks,
Martin

gcc/ChangeLog:

2019-11-13  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>

        PR target/92389
        * config/i386/i386.h: Add PTA_AVX512VPOPCNTDQ to
        PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT which is later interited by
        PTA_ICELAKE_SERVER and PTA_TIGERLAKE.
---
  gcc/config/i386/i386.h | 2 +-
  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)



0001-Enable-VPOPCNTDQ-for-icelake-client-server-and-tiger.patch (710 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Enable VPOPCNTDQ for icelake-{client,server} and tigerlake.

Uros Bizjak-3
On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:25 PM Martin Liška <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi.
>
> The patch adds a missing feature for PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT and
> inherited CPUs. One can see that:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVX-512#CPUs_with_AVX-512
>
> Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.
>
> Ready to be installed?
> Thanks,
> Martin
>
> gcc/ChangeLog:
>
> 2019-11-13  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>
>
>         PR target/92389
>         * config/i386/i386.h: Add PTA_AVX512VPOPCNTDQ to
>         PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT which is later interited by
>         PTA_ICELAKE_SERVER and PTA_TIGERLAKE.


OK.

Thanks,
Uros.

> ---
>   gcc/config/i386/i386.h | 2 +-
>   1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Enable VPOPCNTDQ for icelake-{client,server} and tigerlake.

Martin Liška-2
On 11/13/19 5:14 PM, Uros Bizjak wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:25 PM Martin Liška <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> The patch adds a missing feature for PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT and
>> inherited CPUs. One can see that:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVX-512#CPUs_with_AVX-512
>>
>> Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.
>>
>> Ready to be installed?
>> Thanks,
>> Martin
>>
>> gcc/ChangeLog:
>>
>> 2019-11-13  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>
>>
>>          PR target/92389
>>          * config/i386/i386.h: Add PTA_AVX512VPOPCNTDQ to
>>          PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT which is later interited by
>>          PTA_ICELAKE_SERVER and PTA_TIGERLAKE.
>
>
> OK.
>
> Thanks,
> Uros.

Thank you for the review.

May I install the patch to all active branches as well?
Martin

>
>> ---
>>    gcc/config/i386/i386.h | 2 +-
>>    1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>>
>>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Enable VPOPCNTDQ for icelake-{client,server} and tigerlake.

Uros Bizjak-3
On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:36 AM Martin Liška <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 11/13/19 5:14 PM, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:25 PM Martin Liška <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> The patch adds a missing feature for PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT and
> >> inherited CPUs. One can see that:
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVX-512#CPUs_with_AVX-512
> >>
> >> Patch can bootstrap on x86_64-linux-gnu and survives regression tests.
> >>
> >> Ready to be installed?
> >> Thanks,
> >> Martin
> >>
> >> gcc/ChangeLog:
> >>
> >> 2019-11-13  Martin Liska  <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >>          PR target/92389
> >>          * config/i386/i386.h: Add PTA_AVX512VPOPCNTDQ to
> >>          PTA_ICELAKE_CLIENT which is later interited by
> >>          PTA_ICELAKE_SERVER and PTA_TIGERLAKE.
> >
> >
> > OK.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Uros.
>
> Thank you for the review.
>
> May I install the patch to all active branches as well?

Yes, it is simple enough and kind of obvious.

Thanks,
Uros.

> Martin
>
> >
> >> ---
> >>    gcc/config/i386/i386.h | 2 +-
> >>    1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
> >>
> >>
>