Moving to C++11

Nicholas Krause
Greetings Jonathan and Jason,

I was wondering what work is required to move to C++11. Seems your

both interested in getting this done and so am I. Perhaps we start

similar to Git with a wiki page about what features would be useful

and then start migrating the makefiles to allow for this.

So far according to the previous discussion it seems that the community

would like these features:

1. Template Aliases

2. Better narrowing supprot for core types

2. Auto for local variables

3. std::move,rvalues

4. For each loops

Let me know if I missed something but I will be glad to help out with this,

Nick

PING:Re: Moving to C++11

Nicholas Krause

On 9/30/19 1:50 PM, Nicholas Krause wrote:

> Greetings Jonathan and Jason,
>
> I was wondering what work is required to move to C++11. Seems your
>
> both interested in getting this done and so am I. Perhaps we start
>
> similar to Git with a wiki page about what features would be useful
>
> and then start migrating the makefiles to allow for this.
>
> So far according to the previous discussion it seems that the community
>
> would like these features:
>
> 1. Template Aliases
>
> 2. Better narrowing supprot for core types
>
> 2. Auto for local variables
>
> 3. std::move,rvalues
>
> 4. For each loops
>
> Let me know if I missed something but I will be glad to help out with
> this,
>
> Nick
>
> Just pinging this as I've not heard any replies.
Nick