Internal compiler error (f951)

Angelo Graziosi-4
Attached there is a reduced test case that gives an

  f951: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

The full message on MSYS2/MINGW64 is:

$ gfortran -c f951_internal_error.f90
f951.exe: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
libbacktrace could not find executable to open
Please submit a full bug report,
See <https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2> for instructions.

Really, I get similar message on:

  MSYS2
  MSYS2/MINGW32
  GNU/Linux

The failure occurs both with GCC 9.1 (MSYS2, MSYS2/MINGW32, MSYS2/MINGW64, GNU/Linux) and with GCC 7.4 (GNU/Linux). Don't have 7.4 on the other systems. The same occurs on WSL. I guess it is a general issue for GCC.

In the reduced test case (and in the original programs), just renaming the 'delta' variable or the 'delta' function fixes the failure.

Ciao,
  Angelo.

f951_internal_error.f90 (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Internal compiler error (f951)

Angelo Graziosi-4

> Il 26 luglio 2019 alle 1.32 Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
>
> In the reduced test case (and in the original programs), just renaming the 'delta' variable or the 'delta' function fixes the failure.

BTW, the above renaming trick works with a few programs, which build and run, with other programs, these build and run, but segment fault when entering the 'delta()' function (invalid memory access).

In these cases, putting the 'delta()' function in a separate module fixes this last issue (which could be not related to the first internal compiler error...).