Fwd: ezmlm warning

Timur Tabi
I get a message list this every couple months or so.  I know that's
not frequent, but they always say the same thing:

<[hidden email]>:
User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
<[hidden email]> 74.125.197.26 failed after I sent the message.

Is it possible that gcc-help is trying to forward a spam or virus
email, and then blaming me when my server (gmail.com) rejects it?

Date: 8 Nov 2018 00:26:56 -0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.

<[hidden email]>:
User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
<[hidden email]> 74.125.197.26 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its
content presents a potential
552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit
552-5.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our
552 5.7.0 message content and attachment content guidelines.
k8-v6si39184679pgj.192 - gsmtp

Re: ezmlm warning

Jonathan Wakely-4
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 at 00:29, Timur Tabi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I get a message list this every couple months or so.  I know that's
> not frequent, but they always say the same thing:
>
> <[hidden email]>:
> User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
> <[hidden email]> 74.125.197.26 failed after I sent the message.
>
> Is it possible that gcc-help is trying to forward a spam or virus
> email, and then blaming me when my server (gmail.com) rejects it?

Yes, that's usually what happened. In this case, definitely.

If you follow the instructions in the mail to get an index you'll see
that 62761 is this mail:
gcc dot gnu dot org/ml/gcc-help/2018-11/msg00012.html
Subject: New Order
From: support at backtoofyourenterprise dot com
You probably don't want to click on the attachment!