Faster number printing and pointer alignment algorithms.

Faster number printing and pointer alignment algorithms.

Cale McCollough
My name is Cale McCollough and I'm the author of the Fastest Method to
Print Integers and Floating-point Numbers, the Puff algorithm, that
eliminates over half of the division instructions from the
industry-standard mod 100 div 100 technique, saving hundreds to thousands
of clock cycles and eliminating one division instruction from Grisu2, the
world's fastest floating-point-to-string algoihrm. The article can be found
at:
https://github.com/kabuki-starship/script2/wiki/Fastest-Method-to-Print-Integers-and-Floating-point-Numbers

The other Visual-C++ optimization I have for the community is the Fastest
Method to Align Pointers, which uses only 3 instructions plus loading the
mask. I have verified is faster than Microsoft and GCC implementation. The
article can be found at:
https://github.com/kabuki-starship/script2/wiki/Fastest-Method-to-Align-Pointers

Also, I have invested all of my time and labor into these open-source
technologies, have worked for years without pay, and I am looking for a
cool job that can facilitate my MongoDB/BJSON competitor called the ASCII
Abstract Data Specification, Chinese Room Abstract Stack Machine (Crabs),
SCRIPT Protocol, and Script2. Thanks.

Re: Faster number printing and pointer alignment algorithms.

Ruslan Kabatsayev
Hi Cale,

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 19:50, Cale McCollough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My name is Cale McCollough and I'm the author of the Fastest Method to
> Print Integers and Floating-point Numbers, the Puff algorithm, that
> eliminates over half of the division instructions from the
> industry-standard mod 100 div 100 technique, saving hundreds to thousands
> of clock cycles and eliminating one division instruction from Grisu2, the
> world's fastest floating-point-to-string algoihrm.

How does performance of your method compare to that of Ryƫ
(sources[1], paper[2])?

[1]: https://github.com/ulfjack/ryu
[2]: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3192369

> The article can be found
> at:
> https://github.com/kabuki-starship/script2/wiki/Fastest-Method-to-Print-Integers-and-Floating-point-Numbers
>
> The other Visual-C++ optimization I have for the community is the Fastest
> Method to Align Pointers, which uses only 3 instructions plus loading the
> mask. I have verified is faster than Microsoft and GCC implementation. The
> article can be found at:
> https://github.com/kabuki-starship/script2/wiki/Fastest-Method-to-Align-Pointers
>
> Also, I have invested all of my time and labor into these open-source
> technologies, have worked for years without pay, and I am looking for a
> cool job that can facilitate my MongoDB/BJSON competitor called the ASCII
> Abstract Data Specification, Chinese Room Abstract Stack Machine (Crabs),
> SCRIPT Protocol, and Script2. Thanks.

Regards,
Ruslan