Calls to FSEEK, etc. in gfortran

gindie
Hello,
I have inherited some F90 code (from another compiler) that makes calls to
Fortran versions of routines FSEEK, FGETC, etc.  In other words, these calls
use logical unit numbers.  How can I port this program to gfortran, and what
would I link to?

Thanks.
Brent Gindelberger

Re: Calls to FSEEK, etc. in gfortran

Steve Kargl
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:50:28PM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,
> I have inherited some F90 code (from another compiler) that makes calls to
> Fortran versions of routines FSEEK, FGETC, etc.  In other words, these calls
> use logical unit numbers.  How can I port this program to gfortran, and what
> would I link to?

FSEEK and FGETC are in the g77 runtime library.  This means
that eventually gfortran will provide these functions for
backwards compatibility.  A quick grep of intrinsic.c suggests
that neither is currently available.  I have no ETA on when
someone will implement these.  You could be a hero to future
gfortran users and provide implementations.  If you decide to
take a stab at hacking the intrinsics, you can get advice
from several of us.

--
Steve