Add <span> Header to libstdc++

Ed Smith-Rowland
Conor,

I am CCing the libstdc++ list to get more eyes on this.  We send
libstdc++ patches to both libstdc++ and gcc-patches.

Do you have Copyright assignment to the FSF?  You'll want to start hat
quickly if you don't have it.

I am looking over your patch for <span> and it looks like a good start.

For the main patch there are mostly style issues (see
gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++//manual/source_code_style.html)

The biggest thing might be the testsuite.  You'll want a
libstdc++-v3/testsuite/23_containers/span directory.  Look in the
sibling directories for how these things are structured.

Best regards,

Ed Smith-Rowland

OP: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2018-09/msg01658.html

Re: Add <span> Header to libstdc++

Lars Gullik Bjønnes-2
Also getting

sizeof(span<char>) == 16
sizeof(span<char, 5>) == 8
sizeof(span<char, 0>) = 1

would be nice. (x86_64)

        Lgb

Re: Add <span> Header to libstdc++

Lars Gullik Bjønnes-2
Not sizeof(span<char, 0> == 1.. that does not fit specification.

        Lgb

On 11/28/18 9:09 AM, connor horman wrote:

> Hello,
> I sent a request for the copyright assignment as above, but I have not
> received it yet. It is possible that its trapped with the labor
> disruptions with Canada Post. Would it be possible to get the form
> emailed to me, or do I just have to wait.

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 14:12, connor horman <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Will do, thanks!
>
>     On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 12:20, Ed Smith-Rowland <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         Connor,
>
>         Have a look at https://www.fsf.org/licensing/
>         You need to send an email to:
>         [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>         If I remember, they'll send you forms by snail mail which you
>         sign and send back.
>         Be patient.
>         But keep working on your <span>.
>         We can't really look at it real hard until you have papers
>         verified.
>         I look forward to working with you on libstdc++. There's a lot
>         of work to do.
>
>         Ed

I remember it took a while to get things moving but this seems excessive.

I'm cc'ing the rest of the list if anyone has ideas?

Ed Smith-Rowland

Re: Add <span> Header to libstdc++

Jonathan Wakely-3
On 28/11/18 11:26 -0500, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
>On 11/28/18 9:09 AM, connor horman wrote:
>>Hello,
>>I sent a request for the copyright assignment as above, but I have
>>not received it yet. It is possible that its trapped with the labor
>>disruptions with Canada Post. Would it be possible to get the form
>>emailed to me, or do I just have to wait.
[...]
>I'm cc'ing the rest of the list if anyone has ideas?

It's in the FSF's hands now, we can't do anything. I suggest emailing
them again ([hidden email]).